Ready for a new sexy bikini for the summer 2011? You'll be surprised by just how fun this years bikinis are – so hold on to your, ur, hats!
• The bandeau top has to be the hottest bikini style right now, and every swimwear label seems to have its own rendition.
• Big buckles and dangly, hip details are still the big thing this year, except you will be seeing more swimsuits that have the jewel, ring, or buckle on only one hip.
• Sweet innocence is sublime. Look for lots of super girly looks, with pretty, English florals and loads of adorable ruffles, which are everywhere, from Letarte's French Pastry Bikini, to OndadeMar's Tea Party Swimsuit
• Sash ties, rather than spaghetti strings are definitely in vogue. Retro looks are a really, big, deal. From Tropi-Ties, you'll se some marvelous, Polynesian, “South Seas,” inspired bikinis, with chunky shells and coconut details. From Salinas, in Brazil, we'll see lots of green and pink, mimicking that Lily Pulitzer look of the early 1960s, as well as plenty of coral and chocolate brown from Liz Bang and TNA. Luxurious, retro, European prints and glam styling are making a big showing, harking back to the Italian Riviera and the James Bond era. Look for shirred front bikini bottoms that just cry out, “ciao baby!”
• The classic, halter-top is still in the running, whether it is an elongated sliding top, or the stationary, banded style that ViX has made so famous.
Whatever your style just make sure you're comfortable and have fun this summer 2011!